Personal information collection
The British Independent Film Awards may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering to vote,
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the marketing communications and
- any other information that you send to The British Independent Film Awards.
Using personal information
The British Independent Film Awards may use your personal information to:
- enable your access to and use of the website services, where you have requested them;
- publish information about you on the website, where you have given us consent to do so;
- send you marketing communications, where you have given us consent to do so; and
- run analyses and research on the demographics and state of the British independent film industry, where you have given us consent to do so.
Where The British Independent Film Awards discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, The British Independent Film Awards may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing of your data
The British Independent Film Awards will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
The British Independent Film Awards will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
By consenting to this privacy notice, you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. The British Independent Film Awards will retain your personal information until you ask us to delete it. You may withdraw your consent or ask for your data to be deleted at any time by emailing email@example.com. You also have the right to complain about our handling of your data by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office
Contact The British Independent Film Awards
The British Independent Film Awards is the Data Controller, as defined by GDPR regulations. Its contact details are 10a Craven Street, London WC2N 5PE, 020 7930 0383, firstname.lastname@example.org. BIFA’s data protection officer is Deena Wallace, email@example.com
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org