The British Independent Film Awards have been recognising the best independent films and filmmakers for over 20 years. With an increasing focus on new talent, the organisation is now expanding its remit to support independent film all year-round, leveraging the credibility of the brand to promote the films and filmmakers it celebrates.
Pending confirmation of funding, BIFA will be developing, launching and testing a programme of always-on digital marketing for independent film, in collaboration with exhibition, distribution and streaming platforms, which will, in this second pilot stage, be targeted at 3-4 key cities outside of London. The aim of the campaign will be to increase younger audiences’ engagement with independent film, both in cinemas and at home.
Two new roles will be created to oversee and implement this project: a part-time programme manager and a full-time comms and community manager.
Hours for the part-time PM role are flexible and could be school-hours and/or based outside of London. Similarly, the CCM role could be based outside of London.
Job Description: Community and Communications Manager
|End date:||March 2020|
|Salary:||£27-30K pro-rata, depending on experience|
The comms and community manager will work closely with the PM to develop concepts and programming ideas and will then produce the formats and content for the campaign, as well as curating third party content. They will develop a network of local film partners, as well as nurturing social communities on our four target platforms
Key responsibilities include:
- Support PM in programming of content, both current and using BIFA archive, and in creation and development of format concepts for digital content, including cinema ad, YouTube/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram
- Production of content for all social platforms
- Liaison with distributors, exhibitors and other partners (e.g. Into Film, FAN) in execution of campaign
- Liaison with local partners (exhibitors, local film groups, universities, individuals), collation of local listings
- Content creation for social platforms, including video and photo editing, basic graphic design
- Marketing: experience of delivering successful online film marketing campaigns, ideally across all four of our key platforms
- Administration: experience of project management of creative and/or marketing projects
- Demonstrable passion for and knowledge of independent and specialist film
- Website: familiar with wordpress or similar
- Experience of producing and shooting video content
How to Apply
Please send an email titled ‘Community and Communications Manager’ with a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 20 September.
Interviews will be held at the end of September with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.