BIFA is developing, testing and launching a programme of always-on digital marketing for independent film, in collaboration with exhibition, distribution and streaming platforms. The aim of the campaign will be to increase younger audiences’ engagement with independent film, both in cinemas and at home. This first phase of this programme will be to spearhead a ‘Back to Cinema’ campaign specifically for the independent film sector. This is a hugely exciting but also vitally important role for BIFA to take on.
As part of this initiative, we are recruiting a Community and Communications manager to help develop concepts and programming ideas, develop relationships with local film partners and nurture communities on our four target platforms.
The role is initially until March 2021, however contingent on a successful pilot and future funding applications the role may continue beyond March 2021 for a further two years.
|Application deadline||24 June|
|Interviews||29 & 30 June|
|Start date||30 July (or earlier if available)|
|Hours||70% of full time*|
|Location||Anywhere in the UK|
|Salary||£32,000 pro rata, depending on experience|
(*Due to the nature of the ‘Back to Cinema’ campaign, hours may be weighed more heavily towards the beginning of the project. Hours can be flexible to work around childcare or other personal responsibilities)
Job Description & responsibilities
The Community and Communications Manager will work closely with the Programme Manager to develop concepts and programming ideas and will then produce the formats and content for the campaign, as well as curating third-party content. They will develop a network of local film partners and build and nurture communities on our four target platforms (Youtube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Programme Manager in programming of content, both current and using the BIFA archive
- Creating and developing format concepts for digital content, including cinema advertising and social media posts and adverts
- Producing copy and content for social media platforms, building and engaging online audiences
- Liaising with national distributors, exhibitors and other industry partners to help plan, execute and evaluate campaigns
- Liaising with local partners (e.g. cinemas, universities, societies, film hubs) to collate local listings and execute local-level campaigns
Essential Skills, abilities & knowledge
- Content creation for social media platforms, including video and photo editing and basic graphic design
- Delivery of successful online film marketing campaigns, ideally across all four of our target platforms
- Project management of creative and/or marketing projects in the film sector, excellent planning, organisation and administrative skills
- Passion for, and knowledge of, independent and specialist film
- Familiarity with website CMS systems, ideally WordPress
Preferable, but not essential:
- Experience of producing and shooting video content
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for this role.
Once you’ve submitted your application, we will send you a diversity & inclusivity monitoring form which you should also complete. The information from the diversity & inclusivity monitoring form will be used to ensure that we are reaching underrepresented communities with our job opportunity and will not be linked to your application in any way.
BIFA is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and so assessment of the applications will be conducted blind – any personal or identifying information (e.g. your name or date of birth) will be redacted from your application and CV before being passed along to the team who will be assessing the applications.
If you have any questions about the role or the application, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.