BIFA Independents is our exciting new series of year-round screenings of incredible new British films.
About BIFA Independents
Each month we'll bring you one of the best British films of the year to discover at an Everyman, Odeon, Vue or Curzon cinema near you. The films on show are the cream of the crop: unique, rebellious, independent voices that have been chosen by the film industry as the best in British filmmaking. With a huge range of talent and films on show, from horror to rom-com, sci-fi to drama, you are sure to find something to stir your senses.
God's Own Country
Wednesday 30th August, 6:30pm
Spring. Yorkshire. Young farmer Johnny Saxby numbs his daily frustrations with binge drinking and casual sex, until the arrival of a Romanian migrant worker for lambing season ignites an intense relationship that sets Johnny on a new path.
God’s Own Country is Francis Lee’s debut feature film and features work from three BIFA nominees: actor Ian Hart, casting director Shaheen Baig and editor Chris Wyatt.
BIFA Independents ticket comp terms and conditions;
- Entry is limited to one per person
- The prize is one pair of tickets (two tickets) to a BIFA Independents screening of Under the Shadow at a participating location of your choice
- The prize does not include travel or accommodation and it is the winner’s responsibility to ensure they arrive at the screening in plenty of time to ensure admission
- The British Independent Film Awards and the participating cinemas are not responsible for arranging any additional refreshments or hospitality at the screening
- Winners under the age of film certification (15) will not be admitted and proof of age may be required
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes
- All prizes winners will be notified on Thursday 19th January 2017 by 5pm (GMT)