BIFA Independents is our exciting new series of year-round screenings of incredible new British films.
Find screenings near you & book tickets:
About BIFA Independents
Each month we'll bring you one of the best British films of the year to discover at an Everyman, Odeon or Vue cinema near you. The films on show are the cream of the crop: unique, rebellious, independent voices that have been chosen by the film industry as the best in British filmmaking. With a huge range of talent and films on show, from horror to rom-com, sci-fi to drama, you are sure to find something to stir your senses.
Thursday 27th April, 6:45pm
Rural England, 1865. Katherine (Florence Pugh) is stifled by her loveless marriage to a bitter man twice her age, and his cold, unforgiving family. When she embarks on a passionate affair with a young worker on her husband’s estate, a force is unleashed inside her so powerful that she will stop at nothing to get what she wants.
Lady Macbeth is a stunning and original British indie, brought to you by an extraordinary team of filmmakers. BIFA nominees who worked on the film include casting director Shaheen Baig and production designer Jacqueline Abrahams. The film is also supported by a team of film craftspeople and executive producers whose credits have rarely been out of the BIFA spotlight in the last few years. The screening will be followed by a satellite Q&A with the film’s director, broadcast live from the V&A.
BIFA Independents ticket comp terms and conditions;
- Entry is limited to one per person
- The prize is one pair of tickets (two tickets) to a BIFA Independents screening of Under the Shadow at a participating location of your choice
- The prize does not include travel or accommodation and it is the winner’s responsibility to ensure they arrive at the screening in plenty of time to ensure admission
- The British Independent Film Awards and the participating cinemas are not responsible for arranging any additional refreshments or hospitality at the screening
- Winners under the age of film certification (15) will not be admitted and proof of age may be required
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes
- All prizes winners will be notified on Thursday 19th January 2017 by 5pm (GMT)